Tuesday 9 October 2018

Arsenal and Adidas - reunited

Finally! Months, years of speculation has led to this. For the first time since 1994, Arsenal will wear Adidas kits again. The formative years of me supporting the football club, a period of success I thought would never be bettered (amazingly it was). Rocky, Adams, Merson, Limpar, I remember them all.





I liked a lot of the Nike kits, and I really didn't like any of the Puma kits (except perhaps the latest third kit, weirdly). But for me, Clive, Arsenal and Adidas belong. And not just because I think in a previous life I was a Stan Smith trainer or something like that.



In the past, I've written a few things about my fondness for Arsenal in Adidas. I did a blog post about the 1991 tracksuit for the Football Attic https://nelsonscolumnblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/arsenal-and-adidas-reunited.html and also the 1989 away shirt for Kitbliss https://kitbliss.co.nz/features/iconic/arsenal-away-1988-91.html




"Three stripes on a sleeve..."

No comments:

Post a Comment